Terms and Condition
As the parent, guardian, or other legal representative of the child(ren) named above, I understand and am aware that there are inherent and other risks involved in participating in Gurukul activities which could cause injury to my child(ren).
I hereby release the Salt Lake City Gurukul and their representatives, employees, agents, officers, and directors from any and all liability, claims, and causes of action of any kind or nature for any loss, damage, injury, illness, or harm of any kind which may occur to said child(ren) arising out of participation in the Religious Education Growth and Learning program, and indemnify and hold them harmless from all liability, claims, and causes of action of any kind or nature to any person(s) or property which is caused by or contributed by said child(ren), whether alone or in concert with other minor children. I also give permission for said child(ren) to have photographs and/or videos taken while participating in Salt Lake City Gurukul events. Salt Lake City Gurukul may use these photographs and/or videos for publicity purposes.
In the event a medical emergency exists relative to said minor child(ren), I hereby authorize Salt Lake City Gurukul, their representatives, employees, agents, officers, and directors to take such reasonable action to care for such minor child(ren), in addition to calling for medical care and emergency services, as is necessary or helpful in their opinion, and hold them harmless on account of such action.
1. Registration: All children planning on attending Gurukul need to be registered for each academic year.
2. Students and parents are required to be respectful of temple premises and Indian Cultural center while attending Gurukul and follow the appropriate code of conduct
3. Each child needs to be signed in before class and signed out after class.
4. Students are expected to arrive to Gurukul on time and have a minimum of overall 75% attendance during a given academic year.
5. At least one parent from each family is required to sign up as a volunteer for any of the different activities Gurukul conducts throughout the year.
6. Students are required to carry their required curriculum and shloka binders for each class.( Photocopies of the required material will not be done at temple or ICC office)
7. The Hindi materials provided to students in the classes and available on our website are created by Gurukul volunteers specifically for Gurukul and is property of Gurukul .
8. Gurukul teacher volunteers will have the sole discretion of placing the children in the appropriate level. This subject to the age and level of knowledge of the student. Parents will be consulted/informed. Children may not change classes on their own.
9. Students are not allowed to use electronics in class unless permitted by their teachers.
10. As we strive to create a safe environment for all children who attend, parents may be asked to refrain from bringing their child to class, if the child is found to consistently disregard classroom/playground policies and be disrespectful to either classmates or teachers.