- Maintain classroom discipline.
- Being respectful to each child and ensuring the classroom is a safe learning environment.
- Daily attendance and maintaining teacher folder.
- Sending out weekly email to parents in their respective classrooms regarding syllabus covered and exams.
- Keeping coordinators informed regarding any issues and development with any parents and children.
- Open communication with other Hindi teachers and coordinators so that we can work as a team.
- Being respectful in Temple and of ICC property.
- Being respectful to your class teachers and classmates and follow expected code of conduct.
- Demonstrating responsible behavior by completing class homework and following directions.
- Coming prepared for Hindi class (having your folders, doing homework) as required by their teachers.
- Making sure your kids come prepared for Gurukul activities at the given time. Signing in and signing out your children.
- Willingness to volunteer in Gurukul activities.
- Actively participate in Gurukul events.
Gurukul Policies :
1. Registration: All children planning on attending Gurukul need to be registered for each
2. Students and parents are required to be respectful of temple premises and Indian
Cultural center while attending Gurukul and follow the appropriate code of conduct
3. Each child needs to be signed in before class and signed out after class.
4. Students are expected to arrive to Gurukul on time and have a minimum of overall 75%
attendance during a given academic year.
5. At least one parent from each family is required to sign up as a volunteer for any of the
different activities Gurukul conducts throughout the year.
6. Students are required to carry their required curriculum and shloka binders for each
class.( Photocopies of the required material will not be done at temple or ICC office)
7. The Hindi materials provided to students in the classes and available on our website are
created by Gurukul volunteers specifically for Gurukul and is property of Gurukul /
Ganesha Hindu temple.
8. Gurukul teacher volunteers will have the sole discretion of placing the children in the
appropriate level. This subject to the age and level of knowledge of the student. Parents
will be consulted/informed. Children may not change classes on their own.
9. Students are not allowed to use electronics in class unless permitted by their teachers.
10. As we strive to create a safe environment for all children who attend, parents may be
asked to refrain from bringing their child to class, if the child is found to consistently
disregard classroom/playground policies and be disrespectful to either classmates or