Sub: message regarding upcoming performances by the GK kids
Based on our discussion during last Gurukul session, following is the update and come clarifications:
1) Ganesh Utsav on Sunday (09/27, 11 am- 4 pm)) in the temple, organized by Utah Marathi Mandal (open to all). Please join for a lively festival full of music and cultural/religious programs. No entry fee.
2) Participation in the World Parliament of Religion (happening in US this year, that too in SLC): The songs have been uploaded on the Gurukul website (please look under “performances” tab). Script is enclosed. The SLC organizer Alan Bachman will be there this Sunday to make sure our kids are practicing and learning the song. So, please make your kids practice the songs. [Date of the GK kids performance in the parliament of religion: 10/18/15, Time 6 pm, Venue: Salt Lake Mormon Tabernacle on Temple Square downtown, Free parking, Children and their supervisors/parents will have VIP seating in front, as long as they reach on time].
3) Ramleela: given concerns by many parents that October 24th timeline may be too short, we are thinking about moving the Ramleela performance to December 5th (Saturday). We will also be ready with the names of the kids for various roles on Sunday .
4) Gurukul will start right at 4 pm this Sunday (09/27), beginning with Sholaks, followed by rehearsal of the World Parliament of Religion songs, followed by yoga, and then Hindi classes. The organizer will be there to watch our practice and progress, so let’s be ready.
5) Krishnaleela: just to clarify this has not been canceled. We will do it in the early spring.
Thanks to all the volunteers again!!!
Gurukul website: Please visit our web site for more details and registrations. www.SLCGurukul.Org.
With best regards!
(On behalf of Gurukul parents and teachers)
P.S: “Salt Lake City Gurukul is a forum for children to discover, learn and appreciate their cultural roots, Indian and Hindu values. This is done through didactic teaching of Hindi language, games, yoga, stories especially those from Ramayan and Gita/ Mahabharat, shlokas, bhajans, arts and crafts. There are NO fees associated with Gurukul attendance.
If you have any questions or suggestions or if you want to UNSUBSCRIBE from Gurukul emails, please send an email to one of the Gurukul coordinators at: email@example.com, or OncologyUS@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.